The Finance Society is one of the largest student-run organizations at the University of Connecticut. Since its inception in 2003, the organization has been at the forefront of assisting in the professional, educational, and social development of students interested in finance. There are currently over 200 active undergraduate members and the organization continues to grow in popularity.
Members of the Finance Society receive the following benefits:
- Current event discussions that provide members an up-to-date perspective on the markets.
- The ability to network with employers at meetings for potential internships and full-time job opportunities.
- Participation in stock pitch competitions such as our very own competition each fall and spring semester, the CFA Research Challenge, the Harvard Financial Analyst Club Stock Pitch Competition, the Cornell Stock Pitch Competition, the University of Michigan Engage Undergraduate Investment Conference, and many more.
- Interview advice including insight into common behavioral questions, technical questions, and how to tackle the undergraduate internship and full-time job recruiting process.
- Access to upperclassmen studying finance who can provide advice and guidance to underclassmen through the Mentorship Program.
How to Get Involved
Everyone is welcome to come to our meetings and explore what the Finance Society has to offer! Our meetings are held on Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm in the School of Business. Please refer to the Meetings page for details on this semester’s previous meetings.
Once you decide you’d like to join Finance Society, you can pay dues online at meetings, or place them in the box located outside of the Finance Department on the 4th floor of the School of Business. Please label the envelope with: Your Name, Email Address, and “Finance Society Dues“. Once you have paid dues, you will be added to our email list. Through our emails, members stay up-to-date on important information and upcoming events.
Since the Finance Society is a professional orgaization, we encourage all members to wear business casual attire to meetings.
For any questions about Finance Society, please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org