The Finance Society is one of the premier student-run organizations at the University of Connecticut and it serves the undergraduate students of the Business School and the University at large. Since its inception in 2003, the Society has been at the forefront of assisting in the professional, educational, and social development of students interested in finance. There are currently over 200 active undergraduate members and the organization continues to grow in popularity.
Members of the Finance Society receive the following benefits:
- Current Events discussions that provide an up-to- date perspective on the markets and serves to expose students to news events that can come up in interviews.
- Direct links to employers for internships and full-time job opportunities through employer presentations.
- Participation in Case Competitions such as the CFA Research Challenge and the Isenberg Stock Pitch Competition.
- The chance to network with multiple different employers – many of which are UConn alums- an experienced E-Board, and like-minded peers.
- Insight into common technical interview questions and strategies on how to tackle the most difficult of questions for internship and job interviews.
- Access to upperclassmen in the Finance major who can provide advice and guidance to underclassmen.
- Valuable Peer Mentoring Program
How to Get Involved
Everyone is welcome to come to our meetings and explore what the Finance Society has to offer! Our meetings are held on Wednesday nights at 6:30pm in the School of Business. Refer to the Meetings page for exact dates, times and locations.
In order to be an active member in the Finance Society, you must pay membership dues. These can be paid at the meetings or you can put them in an envelope and put it in the drop box outside the Finance Dept. on the 4th floor of the School of Business. Please label the envelope with: Your Name, Email Address and “Finance Society Dues”. Once you have paid these dues, you will be added to our email list which will allow you to stay updated on important information and upcoming events.
Since the Finance Society is an Academic Society, we encourage all members to wear Business Casual attire in order to promote a professional environment.
For any questions about meetings or the Finance Society in general, please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!